Services To Assist Early Childcare Professionals
The Smart Start Resource Library provides child development resources and materials for childcare centers, family childcare homes, and early childhood education students. Materials are available for check out, and training on the appropriate use of materials is available upon request. Workshops for teachers, and ECE students on topics related to selection and use of appropriate educational and developmental materials are offered upon request.
The Smart Start Resource Library is updating its Learning Kits to include materials from Sesame Street in Communities, featuring our favorite characters teaching valuable life lessons and skills through fun and play.
The Smart Start Resource Library materials and services are now provided from two locations:
Early learning kits with lesson plans
- Kits may be reserved through Heidi Witmer, Literacy Coordinator, Mondays and Thursdays between 12PM and 5PM at the New Adventure Learning Center or by emailing her.
- Kits may be returned Monday - Friday between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM on days the center is open.
- Kits that have been reserved in advance may be picked up during those hours as well; your kit will be left in a prominent space in the library with your name on it.
- Kits that have NOT been reserved in advance may be picked up on Mondays and Thursdays between 12PM and 5PM, when our Literacy Coordinator Heidi Witmer is in the office.
- Book binding is also available at New Adventure Learning Center. Binding jobs may be submitted to Heidi Witmer, Literacy Coordinator. If Heidi is not in her office and you want to submit a book binding project, please leave it in the Kit Room with details of the project, contact information and desired pick-up date.
Please call (828) 877-3025 to make sure someone will be in the office when you would like to use these services.
- Lamination services
- Die cut services
- NAEYC Materials