Smart Start of Transylvania County’s Professional Learning Program rewards local child care directors, teachers, and teacher assistants who are pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education through cash grants during each semester.
Requirements To Receive Benefits As A Professional Learner
- Enrollment in an Early Childhood Education degree program.
- Complete coursework with a grade of “B” or better.
- 6 months+ employment at a local child care center working a minimum of 30 hours per week in an early childhood classroom.
- Their employment must be continuous throughout the semester to qualify for benefits.
Benefits of the Professional Learning Program
- Students are incentivized monetarily to pursue an education which will increase their skills and wages in the Early Childhood Education field.
- Students are incentivized to work at an individual center for the long term, offering their learned skills and stability of presence to an existing child care center in our community.
- Mentoring in the form of goal setting and career planning helps ensure student success in the long and short term.
How To Apply
Fill out the following form and submit to our office.
Call or visit our office for more information.