SMART START OF TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY
SESAME STREET IN COMMUNITIES OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: SSIC REGIONAL SPECIALIST & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FULL-TIME EXEMPT POSITION
Smart Start of Transylvania County (SSTC) is part of the North Carolina Partnership for Children, a nationally recognized, award-winning early childhood initiative designed to ensure that young children thrive.
In collaboration with GetSet Transylvania and its community partners, Smart Start of Transylvania County is working to:
· Be a champion for young children through collaboration, public education, and influencing public policy,
· Ensure young children have equitable access to developmentally appropriate, high-quality learning,
· Assist and encourage early childhood educators in their pursuit of excellence and promote an environment that elevates the profession,
· Pursue opportunities to advance the health and well-being of young children and their families.
The Sesame Street in Communities (SSIC) Operations Coordinator supports the Sesame Street in Communities Regional Specialist and WNC regional team ensuring a responsive approach to building resilient communities through micro, mezzo, and macro-level solutions. This role will support the collaboration of individual communities in the region to implement SSIC across the fields of early education, social services, and health care. Activities include: train the trainer model (Abby’s Ambassadors) to build capacity, developing branding/messaging to reach caregivers/educators, community engagement events, and implementing family engagement toolkits. This position will provide support to Western North Carolina counties to manage specific components of a 3-year grant.
Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, through its philanthropically supported community and family engagement efforts, such as SSIC brings together parents, caregivers, and community providers across the United States to give all children, especially the most vulnerable, a strong and healthy start.
SSIC launched in Transylvania County in 2018, alongside the creation of the GetSet Transylvania early childhood collaborative branding. Smart Start of Transylvania County and the partners of GetSet Transylvania will provide collaboration and leadership to the WNC region in the regional implementation of SSIC, branded Get Set WNC.
This position will support these contracted activities to ensure a coherent and organized approach to implementation that supports and expands the local Smart Start agencies’ capacity for building resilient, family-focused communities that measurably improve early childhood learning, health, and social outcomes for children and families. This position also leads strategies and content to promote awareness, recognition, and ultimately the resources necessary to fulfill our role in the promotion of services that support children from birth through age five and their families. This role focuses on marketing, operational support for Abby’s Ambassadors, organization of the creation of family engagement toolkits, and participation in community events throughout WNC.
1. Support the Regional SSIC Specialist in a wide array of activities.
2. Support the creation of family engagement toolkits with operational support including, but not limited to, researching contents, creating processes for WNC regional partners to place orders, purchase materials and provide records support, creating tracking systems, coordinating assembly of the toolkits in each county.
3. Support the Abby’s Ambassador program in WNC with the creation of the program, recruitment, communication with the Ambassadors, and tracking of milestones/stipends. Other duties as they evolve with this new program.
4. Support community events across WNC.
5. Support social media and the creation of branding.
6. Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
Exceptional organizational skills
Excellent attention to detail demonstrated mathematical competency
Desired - previous experience in early childhood
Experience with Canva and various social media platforms
Strong skills in working with a variety of team members
Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a range of community partners
Must possess the ability to work independently, as well as in teams.
Education level – associates degree in a related field
Experience level – minimum 3 years
Salary commensurate with experience (DOE).
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with “SSIC Regional Operations Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com by June 27, 2022. No phone calls, please.