Transylvania County's dedicated, certified Child Care Health Consultant provides training for our local Early Child Care Centers. In Transylvania County, our CCHC is an employee of the Department of Public Health.
Child Care Health Consultants (CCHCs) are health professionals with expertise in child health, child development, and health and safety in child care settings. They work directly with child care staff to promote healthy and safe environments for young children.
CCHCs partner with child care providers to:
- Assess the health and safety needs and practices in the child care facility.
- Develop strategies for inclusion of children with special care needs.
- Establish and review health policies and procedures.
- Manage and prevent injuries and infectious diseases.
- Connect families with community health resources.
- Provide health education for staff members, families and children.
The North Carolina Child Health and Safety Resource Center offers courses and awards CCHC certifications to health professionals in NC.
Their website offers parents, educators, and the public a wealth of health and safety tools including:
- Pertinent Web Links
For more information visit the NC Child Health and Safety Resource Center website.